Friday, July 27, 2012

Intro to Painting (Spring 2011)

Here's artwork from my first college painting course. I didn't learn too much here, but I'm happy with what I got out of it - three paintings. Okay, so maybe I wish I had achieved more, but my professor didn't exactly stick to the syllabus. In fact, he didn't say much at all. Every now and then he'd come by and offer advice or a critique, but most of the time he just stared at it for a minute and said "very good" then walked away. I'm not complaining, though. I really just wanted to paint.


Our first project was taking a photograph of an old master painting and copying them in order to learn color relations. Here we worked with a limited palette (yellow ochre, black, white, and a choice of one red) and a palette knife. I choose to do "Liberty Leading the People" by Eugène Delacroix. 

Still life #1. 

Still life #2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment